Caspian's Smile Makeover
The smile makeover has been in the spot light for several years as now more than ever, people have come to appreciate the importance a smile in the personal wellbeing of the indivuals and also its role in the social interactions.
There's more to a smile than you might think:
1. Smiling can boost your mood Psychologists have found that even if you’re in a bad mood, you can instantly lift your spirits by smiling.
2. Smiling can boost your immune system
3. Your body is more relaxed when you smile, which contributes to good health and a stronger immune system.
4. Smiling Relieves Stress Your body immediately releases endorphins when you smile, even when you force it. This sudden change in mood will help you feel better and release stress.
5. Smiling helps you get promoted Smiles make a person seem more attractive, sociable and confident, and people who smile more are more likely to get a promotion.
6. Smiling is powerful
7. The effects of a smile are so powerful that even on the telephone it will get positive results.
8. Smiling is more attractive than makeup Research shows that 69% of people find women more attractive when they smile than when they are wearing makeup.
9. Smiling is contagious In a Swedish study, people had difficulty frowning when they looked at others who were smiling. Instead, their muscles naturally twitched into smiles.
10. Smiling is easier than frowning Scientists have discovered that your body works harder and uses more muscles when frowning than when smiling.
11. Smiling is a universal sign of happiness while hand-shakes, hugs and bows all have varying meanings across cultures, smiling is known around the world as a sign of happiness and acceptance.
Smiling is so important that a whole month has been dedicated to it by British dental health foundation from May 19 to June 19. http://www.nationalsmilemonth.org/fun-facts/
What is a Smile makeover?
A smile makeover is a wide range of modifications to the smile components to enhance the smile. They are different elements which contribute to a smile:
The lips provide a frame to accentuate the white shades of the teeth. The red lipstick and fuller, enhanced lips are to create that dramatic contrast for the teeth to show off their pearly white shades and alignment.
Several factors such as symmetry, proportion, colour and position of the teeth, are the key factors to an aesthetically pleasing smile.
The smile makeover can simply consist of a thorough clean and polished followed by a course of tooth whitening and replacement of the discoloured fillings in the smile zone. In advanced cases, a combination of aesthetic, restorative and orthodontic treatments are used to correct the position, shape, form and colour of the teeth and also shape and volume of the lips. Whilst the colour of the teeth are improved with tooth whitening and change of existing faulty discoloured restoration, porcelain veneers will camouflage the mild misalignment , improve the shape and colour of the teeth to the patient’s desire. Dermal fillers can then be used to re-contour the lips and augment them. Lip enhancements are especially popular amongst young women, wanting big lips, more pout and those with thin or unbalanced lips.
Improving a smile, improves the confidence, self-esteem and life quality of its wearer. A happy confident person has a greater chance of success in the interviews and is more likely to be promoted.
“Beauty is power and a smile is its sword”.
To book your appointment today, call us on 01923254979 and start to reinvent your smile.
To view our Smile Makeover infographic, click here
- Is make-up application after injectable cosmetic treatments safe?, 05 May 2019
- Tooth whitening Facts, 26 March 2019
- Fred, the tooth fairy says:, 25 February 2019
- straight or crooked? vanity or necessity , 22 January 2019
- Floss and clean between your teeth before brushing!, 15 January 2019
- Mouth cancer awareness, 02 January 2019
- Diamond Cleaning, 04 April 2018
- Desire for eternal youth and rejuvenation treatments, 04 May 2017
- Orthodontic treatments for adults, A to Z of what you need to know, 27 April 2017
- Fluoride -friend or enemy, 16 January 2017
- Benefits of Invisible Braces, 20 September 2016
- Best Private Dental Practice 2016 - North West London , 09 September 2016