Poor oral health and dental problems cause you financial loss and affect your general health.
A survey by the British Dental Health Foundation in 2013 showed more than 415,000 employees took time off work last year due to dental problems and more than 1.1 million people reported taking time off work to look after a child suffering from dental problems. The dental problems leading to absence from work or school include tooth ache, dental abscess and periodontal (gum) abscess.
What many people are not aware of is that poor oral health is increasingly being linked to other more serious medical conditions such as diabetes, strokes and heart problems.
Time and money may be obstacle to seeking dental check-ups, improving oral hygiene, especially during the financial difficult times, but we hope more people take another look at their oral health and its long term impact on their general welfare and give a greater priority to their oral health. Visiting the dentist for regular check-ups -when you have no dental /oral problems-may seem like a good way of avoiding unnecessary cost. However it is a false economy as regular check-ups can help prevent dental problems in the long-term by detecting them early when the treatment would be simpler and less expensive. Even people who are happy with their teeth should pay attention to their dental health, as problems can happen at any time and get worse if not treated. Regular check-ups can detect early signs of decay, gum disease and even mouth cancer. Also some systemic health problems may manifest themselves with signs that your dentist may be able to detect and refer you to see your GP or even a specialist.
If your previous dental check-up was more than 6 months ago, you really need to book an appointment for another dental check-up. You can book your appointment on-line or give us a call on 01923254979. Put your money where your mouth is, book your dental examination now.
- Fred, the tooth fairy says:, 25 February 2019
- straight or crooked? vanity or necessity , 22 January 2019
- Floss and clean between your teeth before brushing!, 15 January 2019
- Mouth cancer awareness, 02 January 2019
- Diamond Cleaning, 04 April 2018
- Desire for eternal youth and rejuvenation treatments, 04 May 2017
- Orthodontic treatments for adults, A to Z of what you need to know, 27 April 2017
- Fluoride -friend or enemy, 16 January 2017
- Benefits of Invisible Braces, 20 September 2016
- Best Private Dental Practice 2016 - North West London , 09 September 2016
- The magic mushroom for the treatment of gum disease, 11 August 2016
- 5 Things you need to know about invisible braces for grown-ups, 29 July 2016