Smile! It's National Smile Month (18/05/15 to 18/06/15)
Your teeth are not just about your smile. Your mouth is the gateway to your body Oral health is important for general health and wellbeing. Poor oral health can affect someone's ability to eat, drink, speak, smile and socialise normally. Many of the risk factors – diet, oral hygiene, smoking, alcohol, stress and trauma – are the same as for many chronic conditions, such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
Problems which may be caused or made worse by poor dental health include:
- Heart Disease
- Giving birth to a premature or low-birth-weight baby
- Respiratory (lung) disease.
Oral health problems include gum (periodontal) disease, tooth decay (dental caries), tooth loss and oral cancers. Together, with thousands of individuals and organisations, National Smile Month promotes three key messages, all of which go a long way in helping us develop and maintain a healthy mouth. They are:
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks.
- Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend. Also visit your dentist if you have any symptoms of gum disease, which can include:
- Inflammation of the gums, causing them to be red, swollen and to bleed easily, especially when brushing
- an unpleasant taste in your mouth
- . bad breath
- loose teeth
- regular mouth infections.
But National Smile Month isn’t just about education and stressing the importance of a healthy mouth – the key to the success of the campaign is that we have lots fun doing it! For that reason we are running a competition. Print the smiley lip , cut it out and take a selfie with it , then post it to us on email@example.com with a short caption about what your smile means to you to be in a chance to win a half price tooth whitening treatment with award winning Phillips Zoom system. The closing time is 18/06/15.
At Caspian Dental Clinic we are passionate about beautiful, shiny and healthy smiles.
- Desire for eternal youth and rejuvenation treatments, 04 May 2017
- Orthodontic treatments for adults, A to Z of what you need to know, 27 April 2017
- Fluoride -friend or enemy, 16 January 2017
- Benefits of Invisible Braces, 20 September 2016
- Best Private Dental Practice 2016 - North West London , 09 September 2016
- The magic mushroom for the treatment of gum disease, 11 August 2016
- 5 Things you need to know about invisible braces for grown-ups, 29 July 2016
- Impact of straight teeth on social interactions, How orthodontic treatment can help., 27 July 2016
- Dental and oral Hygiene tips to secure the promotion you have been waiting for , 22 July 2016
- Why to choose Caspian Dental Clinic for your dental care, 28 April 2016
- 60 is the new 30, 22 March 2016
- The ultimate toothpaste guide, 04 March 2016