What is Snap-On Smile?
Just as the name suggests, these are a removable ‘row of teeth’ that are placed over your own teeth. The aim is purely an improved cosmetic appearance (ie unlike other restorative dental treatments that also aim to improve functional performance such as eating.) It was invented by a dentist who realized that not everyone can afford thousands of dollars to get a Hollywood smile make-over. It’s easy to care for and can be a midterm temporary cosmetic solution. It’s available for upper and lower teeth. Snap-On Smile is a multi-purpose cosmetic appliance that requires no preparation or altering of tooth structure, no injections, and no adhesives.
It is non-invasive, making it completely reversible. And for many people, Snap-On Smile can be life changing. It gives back the confidence to smile. Thousands of people worldwide have already experienced the unique benefits of Snap-On Smile.
What is the Snap-on appliance made of?
The Snap-On Smile® appliance is made from crystallized acetyl resin. This material is very durable and has a slight flexibility. It is this minute elasticity that allows the appliance to gain its retention by “flexing” over the heights and contours of the existing teeth. Indications for Snap-on smile appliance: Snap-On Smile is an affordable and life-changing solution for people of all ages. Getting a Snap-On Smile simply requires two, short, painless visits with no drilling and no change in tooth structure.
It is an excellent choice for:
Those who are not candidates for bridges or implants
- Gaps, crooked, stained or missing teeth
The Snap-On Smile® appliance can be used to replace missing teeth without the use of hooks, clasps, or palatal coverage. Not only does this appliance replace patients’ missing teeth, it also enhances the aesthetics of the existing teeth and can create an increase of vertical dimension when necessary. Because of its unique retention, this appliance can be worn while drinking and speaking without fear that it will come out or lose retention. In fact, because the Snap-On Smile® appliance utilizes the heights and contours of the dentition, missing teeth creates more surface area coverage of the abutments for added retention.
- Anyone who would like a Hollywood smile without the expense and discomfort of complex and advanced dental procedures
- Anyone who has an old-fashioned removable partial denture and wants a beautiful, more comfortable alternative
- Anyone who suffers from strong gag reflex and hence cannot wear traditional removable dentures
Contra indications of Snap-On Smiles
- Snap-on Smiles cannot be made for people with severe or advanced gum disease.
- As they just cover over the existing teeth, a person whose incisors stick out already (proclined) will find it too difficult and unsightly to wear something on the top.
Summary of advantages
- Cost: A quality, laboratory-made Snap-On smile will cost around the same price as perhaps one or two veneers would.
- Drill-less: This system requires no drilling to your tooth surfaces, with all the advantages that brings. Patients with dental phobia may find this appealing.
- Fast – Although they may take a few weeks for the lab to construct, these only require a few minutes of actual ‘treatment’ time with the dentist – ie for the impressions to be taken.
- Great way to test permanent work – If you are about to undergo extensive cosmetic dental work, eg involving crowns, veneers and/or bridgework, you (and your dentist) may wish to check that you like the shade and shape of the planned outcome, before committing to it. In truth, however, lab-made temporary veneers and crowns etc. are more commonly used in such circumstances.
How long does it last?
Thanks to the durability of this specialized resin, the Snap-On Smile® appliance is expected to last about 3 years with proper care. At Caspian Dental clinic, we have skills and expertise to provide the Snap-On Smiles for our patients. Your investment will be £900 (including consultation, impression taking and fit) for each arch you want to enhance.
Ready to book your appointment?
Making your appointment couldn’t be easier. Simply click book online and request the time that suits you best.
We’ll even send you a reminder before you’re due to come, so you can be sure you won’t forget.
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you.